Sunday, November 01, 2009

austin...

Last weekend, I traveled with Tough Cookie to Austin TX to participate in the liveSTRONG ride for which we both raised money. It was a nice chance to see a part of Texas I've never seen, and is always fun to ride my bike somewhere new.

The weekend began with a walk around Austin, the Texas state capital city.


Some of the best facial hair I've ever seen. I wish I had the cojones to take a picture of this guy in his line of sight.


We visited the capital. There was a monument to the soldiers lost in the "War of Northern Aggression."


I told GW how I feel.

We also visited Mellow Johnny's bike shop. The place was PACKED busy. The most exciting part for me was seeing the "Shack's" HQ - all those bikes are rocking my bike cables.


US Service Course.

The next day, we got up bright and early to participate in the ride. These charity rides, while taking riders through some beautiful, scenic areas are terrifying. For at least 3 days after the ride I was having nightmares about several things:


Horribly ugly charity ride-specific jerseys... though I kind of liked this one for several reasons.


Guys on aero bars trying to weave through tight charity ride traffic at mach 0.9.


I was trying to capture this guy's heinous pit hair, but there are so many horrifying things in this picture, I'm not going to bother going into detail.


Cattle guards. They didn't bother me particularly, but a lot of people were going down on them. I just wanted to cross them alone, with no one around to crash me.


There were some beautiful moments as well:


The rivers were swollen.


Tough Cookie scopes out some alpacas.


Cock shot.


Fat Tire Ale and a shot of espresso at mile 50.


65 miles is now the longest single ride I've completed on a fixed gear.

3 comments:

Nathan said...

nice work on the ride.

and nice cock shot.

fatmarc said...

very nicely done...

Anonymous said...

Cock shot. And flipping off Shrub. Bravo.

--Rock