Friday, January 04, 2008

oh well...

I plan on highlighting my Holiday antics, but maybe I won't because - as my 2 loyal readers have probably noticed - I've been neglecting my blog of late. Needless to say, it was an awesome break, almost completely detached from a computer / email. That being said, I missed the part where SSWC 2008 registration opened online at 00:01 PST on Jan 1, 2008. I submitted my registration late on the 2nd and just received this:

Thank you for your interest in SSWC08. Unfortunately registration filled up prior to receiving your form. We had over 800 people interested and only 350 spots to fill. We hope you will still consider coming out to Napa, CA for the race festivities and to cheer on your fellow single speeders. There will be various rides around the Bay Area the week leading up to the race and afterward too, so it should be a lot of fun. We will be posting a blog soon to keep everyone up to date on what's going on. Thank you.

SSWC08 Team

Depending on how my vacation days and work travel shake out this year, maybe I'll still make the trip out there. But it is a week before the SM100, so maybe I'll just lay low.

Either way, reflecting on my goals for the upcoming year, I am considering having no goals, just guidelines. Based on the fact that my 'cross goals were demolished by a hectic vacation and work travel schedule, and based on my disappointment with that demolition, I think a healthier mindset will be to do what I can do, and strive for balance.

I'm pretty sure that I don't want to give up opportunities to ski this winter, and opportunities to climb this spring and summer and fall, but both those things take away significant chunks of valuable training time. That doesn't even take into consideration the inevitable travel I will have for work.

I'm just going to have to accept the fact that if I want to be a jack of all trades, I may just have to be part of the B-team when it comes to the bike.

I think I'm ok with that.

9 comments:

megA said...

missed you!

xo
m

monkey said...

guidelines, I like that. ;-)

Silas said...

This comment confirms that you have at least 3 loyal readers. I'll give ya a call this weekend buddy.

fatmarc said...

wow, can I be number 4?

IF Chicks said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
IF Chicks said...

I am #5 !!
do i get a prize ????
nice to see you this weekend..some interesting conversations going on the kitchen about your "winter vs summer you know what" :)

David said...

6th!!!!

Suki said...

since 3, 4, 5 and 6 are taken...


I'll have number 1, thank you-please.

breyla-la said...

I am not sure if I am loyal but, I guess I am #9 if you count the probable douchbag who left comment #5. Hope to see you guys out riding this weekend :)