Thursday, January 31, 2008

dear PennDOT...

I have to thank you for the searing sensation that pulsates from the tip of my urethra up into my kidneys when I'm riding southbound between Appleton Road and Flint Hill Road on 896.

You are so wise and ahead of your time.

Placing a rumble strip in the bike lane is the best possible way to promote both cycling and safe cycling habits.

Of course, I don't like to mix business with pleasure, so I left the vibrating, jostled prostate until later in the day. I avoided the rumble strip and rode to the left of the shoulder, where rush hour drivers were left to decide my fate. This of course, was still better than having my saddle repeatedly battered into my soft spot.

Thanks again for your considerate actions. At least no tired driver will remain asleep as they plow me down on the side of the road!

Yours truly,
rotten Robert

4 comments:

Fxdwhl said...

ribbed for your pleasure... penndot cares about your experience

sam said...

What? There is a rumble strip in the bike lane but not in the traffic lane? That makes no sense to me.

lizzy said...

yes, but if you say "ahhhhhhh" while riding along the rumble strip it makes that satisfying, slightly funny "ah ah ah ah ah ah ah ah ah" noise.

penndot is all about fun.

like spreading unquantifiable amounts of salt on very UNfrozen roads this morning.

Suki said...

speaking of those roads.

a wee little bit o' ice and "they" gave me the day off.

now, all I need is tha ah ah ah ah ah sound.