Monday, November 05, 2007

heckletron 5000...

This year a couple of the guys from the FiordiFruitta Cycling Team stayed at my house during the Granogue/Wissahickon double header. Toby Marzot joined Matt White and Jamey Driscoll, who have stayed with me in the past. Great guys, glad to have them.

Jamey... sans mullet. (photo courtesy of Mike Kirk)

Jamey had this to say in his race report on the FiordiFruitta website:
A group of 2 were just up the road and another 2 weren’t too far behind us, so the pressure was on. Not to mention, our host was cheering on the sidelines that if I didn’t beat my teammate Matt White, I’d have to sleep on the floor. None the less it made me slip up the greasy run-up even faster every lap. I managed to hold on to 8th overall and 1st for U23, while Matt rolled in a 13th, and Toby was 23rd.
Yeah. Guess who got the futon. I'm a man of my word.

1 comment:

Suki said...

he thinks he was the winner snagging that futon???

doood....you should've told him what was on it.