Monday, October 22, 2007

sore...

My body is feeling worked today. Really thrashed. So much lactic acid that my legs and shoulders hurt to the touch. Wissahickon was a mess. OK start, then I dropped my chain and lost my cool. Two crashes later and I just stood there for 45 seconds saying "Fuck this." and let half the field ride by.

Flower power. (photo courtesy of Fxdwhl).

I refused to not finish the race, and I guess I got 2 pretty good days of workout, but god, it was not fun. Not fun at all - the racing that is. I love the shit talk, I love the community, and it still beats playing Nintendo all day and rotting before I'm in the ground. I just need to get out of my head - like a wise friend has told me. Plus it could always be worse.

Sorry Ethan. Rebroken collarbone in his second cross race ever. Welcome to Granogue. (photo courtesy of DennisBike)

5 comments:

Rosie said...

Your beard looks like Mose from Dwights farm in The Office. I like the little flowers.

Suki said...

get outta your head...

and straight to the coffee shop.

as said coffee shop, find an attractive (yet frighteningly dumb) young thang...

and put your winkie in her.

problem solved.

glad I could be of assistance.

Frank Brigandi said...

I have no idea what to post here, but I must interject something dude. you need to keep growing the village people facial foliculi (sp?!) it will deem you legendary in years to come,trust me on this, all you need is a white jumpsuit and a tinfoil wrapped cucumber tostuff down you pants and you can be in my band, we'll fucking rock the shit out of stuff.

Suki said...

if you don't blog again soon...

you're never touching your ass, again.

I mean it.

for real.

JenBob said...

say it isn't so. Ethan down?

you need to get out of your head and into Victory for some BEER.

Wed. night 6:30. It'll hurt and you'll probably suck, but the beer will make you forget all about everything.