Monday, October 01, 2007

a day late...

The legs come around.

I went for a "recovery ride" today after yesterday's abysmal effort at Lilypons (Ed Sanders Memorial Cross). Of course yesterday's "mystery legs" which left me clawing for a top 20 finish came around in time for me to ride my road bike after work. Sad when your previous week's race acts as your openers for the next week's training.


Thanks to dennisbike.com for the photo.

[ PS - Does anyone else take it for granted that we have 2 pro-level photographers shooting every race? I'm just glad I don't race with them anymore so I can get some ego boosters like this. ]

I will say this. Faticus, Jan, E-town, Zaynus Insanus: All on fire. Riding so well. If they are pissing excellence, well boy, I think I need a golden shower. Blair Blair too. Monkey and Fitzy making strides. God. Everyone is riding so well. I need some of that mojo.

Probably shouldn't have gone so hard today, but I was kind of pissed off at myself and I wanted the legs to hurt. Payback for their insolence. And the new carbon dubs are hard to ride slow. They just leave you wanting to hear that carbon roar on the pavement. And they are so stiff when you want to lay down a hard acceleration.

Another day, another dollar...

2 comments:

Frank Brigandi said...

a day late eh? I was always a proponent of a hard ride the day before a race, especially if I was feeling poochy earlier in the training week. It seemed to wake up my adrenal glans and in a way force my liver to flush stuff out of there so I could go on all cylinders...workedfor me, not everyone though. Lot's of peepssay NAY! to a hard ride a day before....I call bullshit on that, seems like the race woke your body up...
seems the paparazzi are finding you everywhere, I'm gonna start calling you Britney pretty soon if it keeps up dude.

william said...

I made these just for you. Read them in order for maximum effect:

http://albany.craigslist.org/rnr/438509154.html
http://albany.craigslist.org/rnr/438626190.html