Tuesday, June 19, 2007

95 percent...

The Spot is done... minus my rear wheel. Which is no longer a White Ind. hub. Had to go to a WTB LaserDisc Single Duty to get the right chainline with the ridiculous 127 mm bottom bracket required for the White Ind. cranks to clear the chainstays (sorry GearJunkie - the King was outta the price range).

Rear wheel should be done next week, but in the meantime, Fitzy was kind enough to lend me his AmClassic 9er rear wheel. So I should be able to dial this honey in tomorrow and race it on Sunday.

Got some shit up my sleeves for this weekend, none of it is related to actual racing of course. Maybe a little facial hair modification, maybe some super secret team uniforms for the brethren of Frank Zappa Kappa. The key is that I was feeling like superman last weekend, and I want that to happen this weekend too. So the plan for the week is this: do what I did last week:

Ride a little, eat a lot, drink some alcohol (this is also in line with my training goals for SSWC 2007). Got things started nicely yesterday with some climbing followed by margaritas at Picnic (not Sante Fe grill - I refuse). I don't care what Slick Rick says, those bad boys are strong. Peaches agrees - you finish the first, order the second, and by the time it arrives, you realize your folly. Then tonight some eats, laughs, drinks, and the normal shit with Chunky Monkey, fatmarc, FFAmy, Jamie, E-town, and MegHan at the one and only Homegrown.

Fuck funks. Life is good.

9 comments:

MJ said...

I changed my mind. Your bike sucks.

gearjunkie said...

I changed my mind:
mj sucks, your bike is pretty freakin sweet.

MJ said...

Did I ever tell you how much I hate Friedman?

Suki said...

you have pink cables.

very nice touch, this is...



ps. do the FZK shirts come in women's sizes? thanks.

Buddy said...

Looks good Rob, I just hope you know the secret Spot Brand Handshake, or you could be in trouble this weekend.

Buddy said...

Touche'

President Emeritus of Admissions to FZK said...

whoa, whoa, whoa. what's all this FZK stuff going around. that shizz is supposed to be on the DL. it's like the most elite of elite clubs for elitists. we don't just let any riff raff come in. you have to be invited and then you have to pass hazing and initiation. "And you know this!"

can't wait to see what you have up your sleeve.

Suki said...

dear mr. prez,

re: hazing

does this mean I'll get a spanking?

Suki

Silas said...

Is the quote on top of the blog from "The Rider"?

If yes, do you have my copy of that book? I bet you do thief boy...