Wednesday, April 11, 2007

number twenty...

It was like something out of a bad movie about blackmail: send some strangers in a different country an email at midnight, their time. They send you a cryptic message in return. You give them access to money in your bank account via paypal. They send you an email with a number, in this case 20, and a promise that you will hurt.

Come September 1 and 2, I will hurt. And my liver will hurt. And I will don the number 20. Single Speed World Championships 2007 is on. Aviemore Scotland. Now I just have to get there. And ride alot.

stock photo of Aviemore

Did a little of that riding thing on Saturday in the MASS team relay. It was a fantastic event and a great time with the Henry's/Spot/FSVS/DCCofD crowd. I won't try to do a race report, because we were never really in it to win it. See Buddy's or Marc's blogs for more there. The only bad part of the day was that Dan the Man crashed and busted up his innards, and half of Marysville PA saw my junk at its smallest.

The trailer keeps it all together.

Also did the Tuesday Night Titans last night. God I need to do some work there. It was one part too low gear, one part legs, one part lungs, and 2 parts learn-to-ride-a-bike-motherfucker. All is good though, pain is good for you, suffering works, and fatmarc gave me a ride home after I locked my keys in my car.

Shameless self promotion or just shameless?

I'm more or less resigned to doing 12 Hours of Lodi Farm solo next month. More on that later.

No comments: