Sunday, February 11, 2007

On the mend...

I think I'm finally on the mend. The blood in the phlegm from the violent coughing was really the highlight of my weekend, but that is seemingly in the past. I'm still coughing a little, but feeling much better. Thinking I was on the mend, I decided to go out last night for a few beers, and decided to go climbing today at Go Vertical.

JF had recovered from our whiskey and beer night on the town in Newark, so I gave him a call to see if he wanted to tag along to GV. Hit the road, got to GV and met internet climbing friend Sam. We warmed up on some easy routes, and then did this fun dihedral climb called Beware of the Dirty Sanchez. It was a solid 5.9, and I worked hard to get through it, but sent it on sight. I was thinking, damn, I'm definitely feeling better.

It was all downhill from there. I climbed like SHIT. Floundered on a 5.10 crimpfest, then decided to take it easy and still floundered on some easy 5.6/7 stuff. Whatever, not a big deal, still sick. I didn't realize how much being sick really saps one's energy.

Sam was climbing like the lady pimp she is, and JF was a serious hustla today... the two of them were whooping every 5.10 they tried. It was a pleasure to watch them climb. I just can't wait to be healthy again and be riding my bike. 12 hours of Lodi is coming so soon, and I'm thinking a solo effort might be out of my reach this year. The squarewheels 3 man team may have to make another go at it.

I may be getting healthy... but some people in this world will always be sick: Jesus Camp.

1 comment:

airing out said...

You'll be riding in no time... and I'm not sure being on the mend meand coughing up bloody oysters and spitting them on your belayer. Yeah, I'm not sure that counts.

Oh and to protect my mood today... I flat out refuse to click on to Jesus camp. I won't do it I won't do it. I can't.

oh fuck.

Do those people even know anything that jesus said??? like HE WHO IS WITHOUT SIN SHALL CAST THE FIRST FUCKING STONE!

and yes, Jesus did drop the f bomb, I know because I'm a minister.