Thursday, December 21, 2006

yankee swap

This Yankee is heading back to the heart of the Union - New England. Maine to be more accurate. Westbrook to be precise. I can't wait to see my family and my brothers and some high school friends. Always good to nourish the roots.

Between growing up within a mile of this place and living in Dupont's hometown now, I'm tumor bound!

Hopefully I'll get in some skiing, though Sugarloaf is looking pretty spartan.

I can't wait to see my family and spend some quality time. But truth be told, I am looking forward to the new year. Always a chance to start fresh. Build upon the good things from the year past, and leave the less savory things in the past.

I'm looking forward to possibly getting a 29-er, looking forward to the DCCofD reunion at Chez Vettori, looking forward to improving the healthiness of my lifestyle after the hurt the holidays puts on one's body. I'm looking forward to getting more base mileage this year, after the difficulty of uprooting last year. I'm looking forward to night rides and cameraderie, and the thought that maybe I can hang with the Tuesday night Titans.

I'm looking forward to growing and improving the relationships with those around me, meeting new people, staying in touch with old friends. Looking forward to possible ski trips out west, the possibility of going to SSWC 2007 in Scotland. I want to train hard, eat better, get my ass kicked, race in the Killer Bs. I want my 24th birthday to mean as little to me as any other birthday because age means nothing. I want to plan my future and live in the moment. I want to learn from those smarter than I. I want to lead 5.10.


By the way, buy Belgian beer for those Yankee Swaps at work... You will be the most popular guy. I ended up with this shitty Hershey Kiss Fondue set:

and traded it to a girl who doesn't own a drill for this:

2 comments:

Rachel said...

Hey, give me a heads up if you end up heading out west. We're going to Utah in January and are hoping to hit up Tahoe in March depending on prices/weather. Maybe we can meet up for a day or so.

airing out said...

lead 5.10s!