Wednesday, December 27, 2006

I don't care...

if it is a 'hipster beer' or 'weasel piss'. I like it, and I will continue to drink PBR as long as it is a decent tasting cheap beer.


Anyway, I'll post this while I'm still buzzing from three tall boys of this nectar of the proletariat. It is really good to be home in Maine. Sure I got into a little fight with my brother Eric yesterday, but that is par for the course. There will always be the territorial butting of the heads between us when we are in the house in which we grew up. I still love the mofo and miss him when we are 800 miles apart. And we are more alike and get along better now then we ever did in the old days. He is a good guy, a smart guy, a caring guy, and I am really glad he is my brother.

I just got back from the bar where I caught up with 2 people who were part of my formative years. Lyndsey, who has been my 'sister' in so many ways since we were 4; and Evan, probably my best friend through Jr. High and High School. I've known both for over 16 years. We caught up in the best ways - talked about our lives, our plans; talked shit about the people in our small town who haven't moved on, talked about politics, religion, all that BS. We don't all see eye to eye on all of these topics, but I love Evan and Lyndsey and their families as much as my own blood. There are few people I can go months without talking to, and still feel at home with when we meet up.

On top of that, I have had breakfast with dad, drinks with the Grandparents, going to see local semi-famous comedian Bob Marley with mom and Nick tomorrow. Yeah, he's the dumb cop from Boondock Saints.

Nick (younger brother) and I also went climbing this afternoon. It was awesome to hang out with him, just the two of us. It's scary how similar we are in a lot of ways, and amazing how different we are in others. He has a lot of good instinct on the climbing wall, and really could be a strong climber if he decided to pursue it. I hope he does. I love getting my ass kicked.

As for skiing, well that's out thanks to Global Warming... Going to have to look forward to westward trips in the spring for that.

3 comments:

Rachel said...

I *know*, can you *believe* this weather? It's killing me.

P.S. That is probably the best pint glass for PBR EVAR.

robthomas said...

It doesn't help that we live in DELAWARE!!!

gwadzilla said...

yes
the relationship of brothers is an amazing one