Tuesday, September 19, 2006

You're just jealous 'cause we're young and in love...

My life is a joke. 3 months ago, if you had asked me about my thoughts on Delaware, my biggest thought would have been: "I can't wait to get out of here." That was then.

Now, work is going very well. I mean, come on, I'm going to Interbike FOR WORK. I like the direction my career is headed (scary I know - I hoped career would never mean anything to me). And I work for a company that few get the privilege of knowing. Today my work team left at 1 PM to go sailing on the boat from Wedding Crashers - we all drank from 1 until we got back at 10. That aside, I'm deriving satisfaction from the work I perform.

On top of it all, I've made some great friends here. My work and climbing friends are great people, and know how to have fun. And being part, even a small part, of the bike community here is really something special. I've never met a more committed (to the sport AND each other) and fun bunch of cyclists in my life. Who else would but the Trojan Rabbit from Monty Python and the Holy Grail on their 'Cross race flyer?

Delaware ain't so bad.

3 comments:

Evan Carroll said...

Yo dude! Glad things are going well! That's as it should be. You in a relationship, or was that a joke?

robert said...

No relationship, just a line from the song that was playing when I updated.

Annette said...

This is all a mother could want... a happy boy...