Tuesday, September 12, 2006

It's here...

She's arrived! Weighing a healthy 22.3 lbs and measuring 40.6 inches in length. She's beautiful, and tomorrow I will ride her until my legs stop spinning or until half price nachos at Deer Park win over my belly.

Also, I thought this article was really interesting:
http://www.drianwalker.com/overtaking/overtakingprobrief.pdf

Dr. Walker states, "When overtaking the test bicycle, drivers passed closer when the experimenter:
  • rode towards the centre of the lane rather than the edge
  • wore a helmet
  • appeared male rather than female
Drivers of buses and heavy goods vehicles got significantly closer than other vehicles."

1 comment:

william said...

To be safe, I just need to need to stop wearing a helmet, ride in the gutter and get a sex change. In town I don’t care how close the busses and trucks get, but out on the road, when the speeds increase, carriage sway starts becoming an issue and it scares the hell out of me.