Speaking of climbing, I posted pictures from my botched trip to Summersville WV. The goal was to climb all day that Saturday in New River Gorge or Summerville and drive home Sunday. The real series of events was as follows:
- Leave work at 3.30 on Friday and drive 8 hours to the campground
- Unpredicted rain starts 7 hours into the trip and continues through the night
- We are the first ones to the rock Sat morning to find it soaking wet
- We start driving home frustrated
- We stop and climb this small wet face at Cooper's Rock State Park
- We get home and drink our sorrows away
Otherwise, I'm sort of glad that our company soccer season has ended. It's one more day a week I can try and ride. I REALLY want to race cross this fall, and I need to get more miles under my belt than 2 rides a week can provide.