- the Americans collectively sucked a fat one in the ITT today, including (in order of sucking):
- Leipheimer (96th) - quite possibly the most boring rider in the peloton.
- Horner (48th) - "my hand is broken!" No, Chris, it's not.
- Vandevelde (30th)
- Hincapie (24th) - I envy the man, really I do... he's got the look, the hot wife, the solid career, the successful clothing line... but he just can't win races.
- Zabriskie (13th) - He was my hope for a win.
- Floyd (2nd) - The only remaining hopes for an American on the podium in 2 weeks is now Floyd. Too bad the fucker isn't on my fantasy team.
- Julich is out, crashing pretty dramatically ala Tour 1999.
- I picked up Sergei Gonchar who won me some solid points today by winning the stage and taking the yellow jersey.
- Denis Menchov, another late pick earned me some points and moved up the GC.
- I don't have any Americans on my team so the above 'lows' are highs for me.
- My competition just keeps crashing out (haha suckas).
The good news is that I ignored medical advice and went for a ride! I did some sprint-ervals. 15 seconds of super high cadence sprinting every 7.5 minutes for the middle hour of the ride, and then my normal super hard effort for the last 3 miles into Wilmington on 52.