Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Liberty and justice for all...

Tour time in 3 days baby. Today we have our Fantasy Tour de France draft at work.

I leave for San Francisco tomorrow for the long long weekend. Upon returning to DE I have two plans: ride my legs into oblivion and move. Hopefully the weather starts to coopererate.

Meanwhile, shit like this scares me - the slope is getting more slippery as far as the loss of our civil liberties:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060628/ap_on_go_co/flag_amendment

"Our country's unique because our dissidents have a voice," said Sen. Daniel Inouye, D-Hawaii, a World War II veteran who lost an arm in the war and was decorated with the Medal of Honor.
"While I take offense at disrespect to the flag," he said, "I nonetheless believe it is my continued duty as a veteran, as an American citizen, and as a United States senator to defend the constitutional right of protesters to use the flag in nonviolent speech."

No comments: