Thursday, May 11, 2006

Big Money

Ok, so I'm working on launching a product in the rope industry, not exactly big money, but there are some well-to-do rope companies out there. I'm sitting in a hotel room in Amelia Island Florida, half drunk on the company dime, which is more than I can say about all the rope nerds down in the hotel bar. They are WASTED. I've learned a couple things here:
  1. I NEVER EVER EVER want to own a pair of those gay leather tassely shoes. Only the American guys seem to do it. The Europeans are dressed very smartly.
  2. Button down shirts should not ever have short sleeves. Your options should be polo shirts or long sleeve button downs with the sleeves rolled up.
  3. It is NEVER acceptable to clip your fingernails in public, let alone in the middle of a technical conference while you are talking to people.
  4. Married guys suck when they are away from home... One hot chick and they are back to 15 years old, dick halfway outta the pants, lame macho competition shit.
  5. Calculator watches were cool when I was in Junior high, not when you're a 50 year old in 2006.
  6. Dark bristly hair should not grow on the upper cheek or tip of nose. Pluck or shave that please, and trim your nose hair.
    Shit, I don't mean to be judgemental and all... I hope I can still party like these guys when I'm 50+.

No comments: