Friday, April 28, 2006

Liberty for all

Working in a reverse timeline, I'll account for the lack of updates (and riding) for the last week point five.

I just got home from Mainz and Kirkel Germany, where a business trip was less than efficient (in a land that prides itself in exactly that) left me with a day off to see some old shit, meet some cool Germans, and drink a lot of Dunkelbier. We found a cool underground bar called the Red Cat and ate and drank in the shadow of the Dome in the Domplatz.

Before that, my mom, her boyfriend John, and my little brother Nick came to visit. Nick and I did some climbing at Go Vertical while it rained Saturday. On Sunday we did the tourist thing in Philly - saw the Liberty Bell, Independence Hall, ate philly cheesesteaks. It was ironic that to get into any of the national monuments mentioned above, there was more security than airports on September 12, 2001. I put everything, including my dignity, into a little tray and enjoyed a pat-down just to see a national monument singing the praises of the constant fight for freedom.

This weekend: get back on US time, ride the bike, get ready for 2 more weeks of travel.

P.S. I need to go pro.

No comments: